Unit 2 Assignment: Miniature Research Project and Survey
Unit outcomes addressed in this assignment:
· Explain the ability of health information management to improve organizational competitiveness and performance.
· Apply the research process to topics in health information management.
Course outcome assessed/addressed in this assignment:
Health Information Management: Design effective business strategies based on concepts of leadership and
management within health information.
PC-3.1: Conduct oneself to reflect the professional characteristics and culture of a given work setting.
Scenario: As a health information manager, you will be responsible for designing strategic plans and you will also find yourself in a position in which you will have to educate your subordinates, superiors and the community. Imagine that you have landed a job as director of health information management of a small health organization. One of your principal tasks is to ready the organization for a health information management implementation initiative. One of the first things in the planning phases for health information management initiatives is an organizational assessment.
· Review the literature on health information management and business strategies
· Complete a 3-5 page literature review on best practices in business strategies in health information management.
· Describe hypothetical situation in which you as a health information management professional “ready your organization for implementation of one new project.
· Create a 20 question survey that will help organizations assess their business strategy, management and leadership practices and their readiness and ability to implement health information management initiatives.