Every public health issue is enveloped in a complex web of politics and the often-competing interests of multiple stakeholders. It is important to understand the politics surrounding any public health policy, including the history of support and opposition, and arguments for supporting the status quo versus enacting change.
In this Assignment, you continue to investigate the impact of politics on public health, conducting a case study analysis from the discipline of politics to examine an issue in depth.
To preparefor this case study analysis, review the case studies presented in this week’s Learning Resources andselect oneto further investigate for your case study analysis. Then, conduct research tolocate at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed resources
Submit a 2-page case study analysisthat synthesizes the following:
- Title page and Table of Contents
- Write the problem statement for the public health issue identified in the case study.
- In one paragraph, provide background to the public health issue identified in the case study.
- In one paragraph, overview current governmental policy associated with this public health issue.
- From the perspective of thepolitics discipline, explain the following:
- The political issues surrounding this public health issue.
- Whether the government has a history of supporting or opposing interventions that address this public health issue and why.
- In one paragraph, describe intervention(s) currently in place to address this public health issue.
- In one paragraph, propose an alternative intervention to address this public health issue.
- In one paragraph, conclude your analysis by summarizing the key points and takeaways.
- APA reference page
Be sure to reference at least three current scholarly articles throughout your paper