Health Promotion Program
Assume that you are working in a community health department. The department has some federal money that it wants to allocate to two health promotion programs from the following:
- Decrease in deaths from cardiovascular disease
- Decrease in deaths from breast cancer
- Decrease in teenage pregnancy
- Decrease in cigarette smoking
- Decrease in incidence of diabetes
- Decrease in motor vehicle accidents
- Decrease in osteoporosis and hip fractures among women
- Decrease in obesity
Identify the health promotion programs that you would want to investigate and get them approved by your instructor.
Write a 3- to 4-page report in a Microsoft Word document, addressing the following questions:
- Identify the risk factors associated with the selected health promotion programs.
- What is the target population associated with the selected health promotion program? Consider the hypothetical target population, consisting of middle-aged women, male adolescent gang members, premature infants, etc., and describe the characteristics of each program.
- What are the risk factors that you want to focus on in order to achieve the objective of the health promotion program?
- What intervention would you recommend to be most appropriate to reduce exposure to these risk factors? You can choose at what level of interventio