Write a formal paper (1,000-1,200 words) in which you distinguish the role of allied health in the delivery of patient care, define the scope of practice for allied health professionals, and discuss the importance of patient-centered care. This assignment requires you to apply the academic search skills learned in the preceding module.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required. This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment. Follow the instructions below to complete this assignment.
View the interactive learning mediahttp://lc.gcumedia.com/hlt307v/allied-health-community/allied-health-community-v1.1.html
Read the profiles of each of the allied health providers found in the media.
Select two allied health providers, from among those profiled, on which to base your assignment.
Using the GCU online library, perform an academic search in which you research the role and scope of practice for each of the two allied health providers you selected. A minimum of three scholarly peer reviewed articles are required.
In a formal paper that is formatted using the APA style guide, write an academic paper in which you address these six Main Concepts:
- Describe the role of each allied health provider in the delivery of care.
- Describe the education and skills needed to provide patient care.
- Define the concept of Scope of Practice as it pertains to the work of allied health.
- Define the concept of patient-centered care.
- Discuss the importance of patient-centered care.
- Describe behaviors/steps taken by allied health providers that result in patient-centered care.
no plagiarism and cite