Environmental forces and trends (i.e., competitors, new technologies, socioeconomic, population and business factors, and changing regulations) can have a tremendous impact on the success of an organization’s marketing plan. Therefore, it is important for health care leaders to continuously assess the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) of these forces and trends to ensure that their organizations are applying the appropriate marketing strategies. For this Assignment, you need to conduct a SWOT analysis of an environmental force or trend and consider how it might impact your own health care organization.
- Select a contemporary environmental force/trend, such as politics in health care, new technological advances in health care, the impact of recession/economic issues on utilization of health care, etc. Using the Library, locate and review a scholarly article that discusses this force/trend.
- Reflect on your own health care organization. Imagine you have been hired as a marketing consultant to help guide your organization in understanding evolving environmental forces/trends that may impact marketing.Note: If you do not currently work for a health care organization, you may select one that is of interest to you.
In a 4- to 5-page report, address the following:
- Analyze the environmental force/trend you selected. Include how the organization in the article is using the force/trend to better understand itself.
- With your selected health care organization in mind, conduct a SWOT analysis of the environmental force/trend you selected.Note: Be sure to use the SWOT Analysis Template in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Analyze how the force/trend might impact the marketing of your organization. Recommend strategies to maximize opportunities and overcome threats.