Although different models can be used for planning health promotion interventions, they have commonalities in their basic constructs.
Using the readings for this week, the South University Online Library, and the Internet, select two public health planning models and compare and contrast their approaches to addressing health problems in communities.
Use the following questions to guide your discussion:
- What are the two models you have selected and why? Briefly describe each model in 1–2 paragraphs.
- What steps or components do the two models have in common? In what way are they different?
- How might each chosen theory or model be used to address a health issue in a community?
Support your statements with appropriate examples from scholarly references. Make sure all references are cited in APA format. References should be current at least within the last 5 years. Remember that references should be used to support your peer responses.
Respond to the prompts using the lessons and vocabulary found in the readings for this week. Support your answers with examples and research. Your response should clarify your understanding of the topic. It should be your own, original, and free from plagiarism. Follow the APA format for writing style, spelling and grammar, and citation of sources.
You should have:
- Compared and contrasted in detail two public health planning models and your approaches to addressing health problems in communities.
- Explained aspects the models have in common as well as those that are different.
- Explained how you might utilize each chosen theory or model to address a health issue in a community.
- Justified your answers with appropriate research and reasoning