Long-Term Care Reimbursement
The federal and state governments are the largest payers of health care services in the United States. The largest federal programs are the Medicare and Medicaid services.
Using the information from the textbooks, lectures, and Internet resources, provide a brief summary of Medicare and Medicaid services in a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document. To get up-to-date information on the programs, review the information shared on the following websites :
In your summary, include the following points:
- An overview of the different Medicare and Medicaid services
- The population covered under Medicare and Medicaid services
- The services of long-term care covered under Medicare and Medicaid, including the restrictions placed on them
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.
Regulations in Long-Term Care
There are many federal and state regulations when it comes to long-term care. Using the South University Online Library and the Internet, research any four specific regulations related to long-term care and summarize them.
Based on the regulations you identified, respond to the following questions:
- What are the benefits and shortcomings of your identified regulations? Which of these shortcomings have an effect on the quality and the cost of health care services? How?
- Do you believe there is a link between regulations and better care? Why or why not?
- Why do you think long-term care services are subjected to so much external control by government agencies? Provide a rationale for your responses.
- How is quality measured in long-term care? Is there only one, or are there several approaches to measure quality? What are they? Who should be given the responsibility to measure quality?