Write a 4-5 page paper (typed, double spaced) explaining alcohol/drug addiction or dependency. Use this rubric and make sure to include certain required information. Use at least 4 credible sources of information and include this in the APA Style bibliography.
|Define Addiction/Dependency||Define Addiction and also define dependency (cite sources of definition) Explain the differences between use, abuse and addiction/dependence||3 points 6 points|
|Signs and Symptoms of Addiction||Describe the physical and psychological features of addiction/dependency. What specific characteristics are factors of addiction/dependency?||8 points|
|Theory or Theories||Describe the Disease Model of addiction and at least 2 other theories that underlie dependency||9 points|
|Resources/Bibliography||Properly cite at least 4 credible sources of information.||4 points|
- Introduce an overview of a healthcare system practice guideline, preferably where you work or have worked.
- Discuss how different professionals in the healthcare system (nurses, pharmacists, technicians, etc.) are held to this guideline.
- Identify the research/reference used by the system to adopt the guideline.
- Define the evidence used to define the guideline.
- Determine the level of evidence used in the EBP identified.
- Provide an opinion on how well this guideline is followed by professionals in the system.
- Conclude with a concise overview of the guideline and the discussion in the paper.
- Write the paper in 8–10 pages, using APA format