Current Epidemiological Studies: Critical Review
For your dropbox assignment, using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research and select three current epidemiological studies regarding risk factors that are associated with any health problem. You can also use the following websites to search for studies as they are often used as the major sources of information for health research and often report on the most current health problems affecting the United States and global populations:
- U.S. National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
Based on your research, create a report in a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document addressing the following questions:
- What were the criteria that you used to select these papers? (For example, only English language, peer reviewed articles, only a specific age group, only United States studies, etc.)
- What were the types of risk factors studied in your chosen articles? (For example, environmental, socio-economic, behavioral, etc.)
- Which study design was used for this study? Why do you think the researchers chose this specific study design? Provide examples from your research.
- What are the proximate or underlying determinants of risk factors that are associated with any health problem for each study?
Answer the questions posted below in the Template for Assessment of Causality for Reviewing Epidemiological Studies, for each study. You should number each study, list the title, and state each question in the format it appears in the template.
Click here to download the template.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.