his is a power point project (20 slides) on a nursing theory used at any of my local hospitals or health care facilities. A major hospital in my area (Miami, FL) is Baptist Hospital, which would be the best option and have the most information available. The powerpoint is to include an interview which i have not had the opportunity to conduct but i will attach a link to statements on the hospital website, made by the Vice Presidents and Chief Nursing Officers of the hospital. The foundation of the Baptists nursing practice is based on Jean Watson’s Theory of Human Caring. https://baptisthealth.net/en/nursing/pages/meet-ou…
- Choose a contemporary school of nursing, hospital, nursing home, or other facility in the healthcare arena and research the nursing theory used there. (Baptist Hospital of Miami, Florida. Jean Watson’s Theory of Human Caring.)
- Describe the changing role of the nurse today and how they are influenced by the organizational nursing theory.
(Suggestion: You are encouraged to make an appointment and meet with the CNO, director, nurse manager or other nursing leader of your chosen facility and interview them.)
Your presentation should include (60 pts.):
- How the nursing theory enhances professional nursing practice in the roles of advocate, provider, teacher, manager, researcher, and leader. (20 pts.)
- How using nursing theory and theory from other disciplines as a basis for the nursing process helps promote health and healing. (10 pts.)
- How we can use nursing theory to challenge professional and organizational assumptions, explore alternatives, and guide nursing actions. (30 pts.)
This assignment is a PowerPoint presentation only. (40 pts.) The presentation should include no more than 20 slides. If you use graphics be sure they are small in size, so your presentation can be loaded quickly.
When you have completed this assignments, you will be able to differentiate the concepts of person, environment, health, and nursing, as they relate to select nursing theories by:(Competency 1)
- identifying and defining the nursing metaparadigms. (10 pts.)
- analyzing the philosophical bases of the concepts as they relate to specific theorists. (10 pts.)
- differentiating the concepts as they relate to selected nursing theories. (10 pts.)
- constructing a personal nursing philosophy by integrating the metaparadigms and the his/her individual values. (10 pts.)