NR509 Week 1: Alternative Writing Assignment
Week 1: Alternative Writing Assignment
· Due Sep 15 by 11:59pm
· Points 30
· Submitting a file upload NR509 Week 1: Alternative Writing Assignment
The Alternative Writing Assignment mirrors the discussion content of Debriefing and will allow the student to expand their knowledge of physical health assessment principles specific to the advanced practice role.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
1. Identify and articulate advanced assessment health history and physical examination techniques which are relevant to a focused body system (CO 1)
2. Differentiate normal and abnormal findings with regard to a disease or condition that impacts the body system (CO 2)
3. Adapt advanced assessment skills if necessary to suit the needs of specific patient populations (CO 4)
The alternative writing assignment is due no later than the Sunday 11:59 PM MT of the week in which the student did not attend the weekly debriefing session. For example, if you did not attend a debriefing session for Week 3, the written assignment is due the Sunday at the end of Week 4.
Students are expected to submit assignments by the time they are due. Assignments submitted after the due date and time will receive a deduction of 10% of the total points possible for that assignment for each day the assignment is late. Assignments will be accepted, with penalty as described, up to a maximum of three days late, after which point a zero will be recorded for the assignment. NR509 Week 1: Alternative Writing Assignment
ORDER A FREE-PLAGIARISM PAPER HERE
Total Points Possible: 30 Points
NOTE: Complete the NR 509 Alternative Writing Assignment ONLY if you did not attend or do not plan to attend Debriefing for the given week.
1. This paper will be appraised on the quality of the information, inclusion of at least one evidence-based scholarly source, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, and organization based on the required components (see the paper headings and content details below).
2. Scholarly sources: Only scholarly sources are acceptable for citation and reference in this course. These include peer reviewed publications, government reports, or sources written by a professional or scholar in the field. Your textbook and lesson are not considered to be an outside scholarly source. For the discussions and reflection posts, reputable internet sources such as websites by government agencies (URL ends in .gov) and respected organizations (often ends in .org) can be counted as scholarly sources. The best outside scholarly source to use is a peer-reviewed nursing journal. You are encouraged to use the Chamberlain library and search one of the available data bases for a peer-reviewed journal article. The following sources should not be used: Wikipedia, Wikis, or blogs. These web sites are not considered scholarly as anyone can add to these. Please be aware that .com websites can vary in scholarship and quality. For example, the American Heart Association is a .com site with scholarship and quality. It is the responsibility of the student to determine the scholarship and quality of any .com site. Ask your instructor before using any site if you are unsure. Points will be deducted from the rubric if the site does not demonstrate scholarship or quality. Current outside scholarly sources must be published with the last 5 years. Instructor permission must be obtained BEFORE the assignment is due if using a source that is older than 5 years.
3. The length of the paper is to be no less than 1,500 words, excluding title page and reference list.
4. Create this assignment using Microsoft (MS) Word. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx.”
5. APA format (6th edition) is required in this assignment, explicitly for in-text citations and the reference list. Use 12-point Times New Roman font with 1 inch margins and double spacing. See the APA manual for details regarding proper citation. NR509 Week 1: Alternative Writing Assignment
6. Organize the headings and content of your paper using the outline below:
o Select a body system relevant to the lesson from the previous week for the topic of this paper. For example, if you are writing this assignment for Week 2, then select the HEENT, Respiratory, or Integumentary system as the focus for the paper (not all three systems). NOTE: If you are writing this assignment for Week 1, select the Health History as the topic of the paper.
o Discuss the physiology (structure and function) of the body system including details about the major organ systems (if applicable). NOTE: If you are writing the assignment for Week 1, provide an overview of interviewing techniques.
o Construct relevant health history questions (subjective data) pertaining to the body system. NOTE: If writing the assignment for Week 1, construct relevant health history questions for all body systems as included on the review of systems (ROS).
o Provide an overview of the objective data and expected normal physical examination findings for this body system. NOTE: If writing this assignment for Week 1, provide the expected normal subjective findings for each body systems on the ROS.
o Explain special physical assessment examination techniques or procedures specific to assessing this body system. NOTE: If writing the assignment for Week 1, explain advanced interview techniques.
o Analyze and discuss how you might adapt your physical assessment skills or interviewing techniques to accommodate each of the following specific populations: NR509 Week 1: Alternative Writing Assignment
o Identify one major disease or disease process that may significantly impact this body system. NOTE: If writing the assignment for Week 1, identify one disease process or condition that may significantly hinder conducting a Health History interview.
o Synthesis and discuss the expected abnormal physical examination findings that may be associated with this disease or disease process.
o Summarize the key points.
o References in correct APA format
NR509 Week 1: Alternative Writing Assignment