Introduction to OSHA
Safety and Health Programs
- Discuss the benefits of an effective safety and health program. List at least three benefits and explain each.
- Name the four elements of an effective safety and health program. If you are the safety manager, how does your department implement and interface with different sections?
- Name three methods to prevent and control workplace hazards. How would you go about ensuring safe conditions?
- Define the following terms:
- floor hole
- floor opening
- wall opening
- standard railing
- standard toeboard
- Discuss at least 5 requirements to consider in order to avoid walking/working surface hazards related to floors, walls, holes, stairways, platforms and ladders.
Explain the importance of variation to health-care organizations and answer the following questions.
- What might be the key processes for health-care organizations?
- What are the potential common causes of variation that would have an impact on the key processes of health-care organizations?
- What special causes might be more important than the others?
- How might health-care organizations’ business environment be dynamic and change over time?