- Identify your selected unit (or department) in the first line of your posting.
- Identify the key inputs and outputs of this unit.
- Briefly discuss factors that should be considered when establishing the primary productivity measure for your selected unit.
- Propose one productivity measure for this unit and provide a rationale.
- What are possible consequences—positive or negative—of the selection of this productivity measure?
- Course Text:
- Langabeer II, J. R., & Helton, J. (2016). Health care operations management: A systems perspective (2nded.). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett.
- Chapter 6, “Productivity and Performance Management”This chapter explains fundamental concepts of productivity management, and describes the usefulness of performance scorecards in conveying data that can help managers monitor productivity.