Discuss how and to what extent Enlightenment ideas influenced the political, social, and cultural policies of the French Revolutionary period (1789-1815). Make sure you have a thesis (a general argument) and provide examples and details to support your answer.
Please make sure to read the following information carefully as it will help you succeed on this assignment.
- For background information refer to Chapter 19 and 20 in Levack. You must provide at least 4 outside sources (besides Levack and any of the appropriate selections in Kishlansky). Do not use an Encyclopedia, including Wikipedia, as an academic source. Encyclopedias are reference works and not research! To find academic sources, use the FIU library search (Links to an external site.) or Google Scholar (Links to an external site.) (not just Google).
- The rubric for this assignment can downloaded as a pdf here.
- All sources must be correctly cited using the Chicago Manual of Style in Notes/Bibliography form, not Author/Date. You must use footnotes or endnotes and also have a Bibliography page. You can find information about the Chicago Manual of Style at www.chicagomanualofstyle.org (Links to an external site.). Additional resources are available through the FIU library by clicking here (Links to an external site.).
- The Rough Draft of the writing assignment is due on Monday, July 8 (by 11:59 p.m.) You will upload your rough draft to canvas and also peer review a paper by July 10th (11:59 p.m.) The Final Draft is due on Wednesday, July 12 (by 11:59 p.m.) Late papers will be penalized by one grade.
- This paper is worth 20% of the course grade.
- The length of the paper should be 5-6 pages (approximately 1700 words not including citations).
- The paper must be typed in Times New Roman and double-spaced.
- Please Include a plagiarism report! thank you so much!