Each submission should be 2.5-3 pages, double spaced. Paper is to be written in essay form with
an introduction, body, and conclusion.
1) Your job is to pay attention to the local and/or national news and to identify current ethics
issues that you find compelling and interesting.
2) Pick one news story and offer a detailed and clear presentation of the moral problem the story
raises and any relevant facts or details necessary for understanding the ethical issue.
3) Identify the stakeholders (who or what your issue affects, e.g. children, women, the
environment, immigrants etc.).
4) Do your best to identify arguments for
of the moral issue.
5) Finally, take a position and present an argument to support your view.
6) Include a link to the news source so I can read the full story.
7) Do not pick a topic that we will be studying in class (consult syllabus for the list of topics).
8) Pick a topic that has moral issues and not just legal issues for our consideration.
As the semester progresses, I expect that the analysis you present will become more explicitly
informed by the theories we are studying in class