Chapter 10: Drugs and the Older Adult
A Troubling Pharmaceutical Cocktail
Speaker: Dr Dee Mangin
- According to Dr. Mangin, what is the problem with older adults taking a lot of pills if they need the pills. She says it is “a little bit like music” what does she mean and how does she illustrate this point?
- In the scenario of the 70-year-old woman with various health conditions such as diabetes, COPD, high blood pressure, etc the speaker says the most important part of this scenario is what?
- In Canada one in ___ people on five or more medicines have a drug side effect the leads to the need for medical care.
- This is equivalent to ___ jumbo jets full of passenger crashing, killing all on board.
- What is the vision of the research project?
- What two examples does she provided as positive observations as a result of their work?