Respond to the following in a minimum of 185 words:
Scope creep refers to the tiny, incremental change or addition of requirements to an already-defined project so that, for example, a project that began by trying to produce a single ham sandwich ended up trying to produce a three-course meal for 20 people.
For this discussion, describe a time when scope creep happened on a project in which you were involved. The project you describe may be from work (such as being affected by an IT upgrade project), school (such as participating in a team assignment), or personal life (such as planning a wedding).
- Who was responsible for adding requirements?
- Who was responsible for accepting them?
- Were the additional requirements introduced early in the project process, or late?
- What were the outcomes? That is, was the expanded scope implemented, or not?
- Did the project come in over budget? Was it delayed? Was it cancelled?
If you have never been involved in any type of project in which scope creep occurred, research specific causes of project scope creep and share at least two causes that are not listed in your textbook. Be sure to cite your sources in APA format.