ELI LILLY CASE ANALYSIS
YOU MUST WORK ON THE CASE ANALYSIS AS AN INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT.
SEE THE SYLLABUS FOR THE DUE DATE OF THE CASE. Papers will not be accepted after the deadline.
A. CASE SELECTION. Case 6-2 “Eli Lilly in India: Rethinking the Joint Venture Strategy.” (p. 376 of the 8th edition of the textbook)
B. ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
1. Did Eli Lilly pursue the right strategy (i.e., should it have used a joint venture) to enter the Indian market? Why or why not? You should refer to Chapter 6 of the notes for guidance. (50 pts)
2. Identify and discuss what you would say are the three (3) main achievements of the joint venture? (50 pts)
C. IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:
1. DO NOT do any additional research outside of what is presented in the case.
Your analysis must be based only on information presented in the case and chapters/notes.
2. Please do not focus on the detailed financial data (balance sheets, etc.) presented in the case. Do not do any in depth financial analyses.
3. DO NOT simply summarize the information already provided in the case, except when using as supporting information for a point you are making.
4. Answer the case in a Word doc. The case must be turned in as a Word doc attachment in the Eli Lilly Case Dropbox in Canvas.
5. Please number the question you are answering. You do not have to retype the question.
6. The case analysis should be approximately 300-500 words (total) excluding the title page and questions.
7. Answer all questions using complete sentences. Points will be deducted for using a bulleted/numbered list format. NO BULLETS!!!
8. Please include your name, Panther ID, and the case title on the title page of your paper.
9. The paper must be single-spaced, using a regular-sized font (e.g., Times New Roman, 12-point).